View Single Post
Old 7th September 2013, 07:25 PM
paulc paulc is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nestled in the foothills of Norfolk.
Posts: 931

Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
The frustrating thing is that I can't find anywhere in the UK that only sells stabiliser.
Looking around at published formulas for C-41 stabilizers, they all appear to consist of two basic ingredients - Photo Flo and Formalin.

Ron Mowrey, a retired Kodak chemist and acknowledged expert, suggests 10ml 37% Formalin per litre of working strength Photo Flo - I'd imagine Ilfotol or Tween 20 would work as well as Photo Flo. The only real problem would be purchasing formaldehyde solution (Formalin) in small quantities.
Reply With Quote