Thread: Art 300
View Single Post
Old 27th February 2022, 02:05 PM
Friend

I like nos 2, 4, 6 and 7 best, the first three of them as they're higher key with specific subject matter and the last for its subject matter in a lower key setting. I have printed on Art 300 and also tried to scan the prints; so I can sort of imagine what your prints are actually like!

I first used Art 300 about nine (?) years ago - bought a box of 7x5 and made contact prints of that size, mainly from FP4+ negatives and with primitive exposure methods.

I find that the paper can stain rather easily (maybe keep a bottle or two of fixer reserved for that paper) and also that the Hahnemühle base has imperfections. I think that that latter point is a recent development, as my earliest efforts don't show it.

The only suggestion that I'd venture to make to someone of your experience and proficiency is to try to make a few negatives of higher contrast and definitive subject matter (buildings, human landscapes, still life maybe) and see how those work with the paper.

I may have some spare prints knocking around that I could let you see - but there's really no point in sending you scans as the forensic effort required to deduce what the print is actually like is too great.