View Single Post
Old 18th March 2022, 12:09 PM
Friend

Thanks all for advice. I can now report success. I did as Alex Muir advised and just tried pushing the crank handle home and after a few moments it went fully home and more importantly on withdrawal the protrusion which closes the light trap popped out

I tried this several more times and it continued to work so I think the problem was simply lack of use

As I said a Google search on Jessops(AP) loaders turned up my original thread in 2011 here on FADU which I had completely forgotten about. It was clear in that 2011 thread that the protrusion that the crank handle pushes in, was stiff but worked. However I have never used the Jessops from that day since so my conclusion is stiffness from lack of use

I forget where I got the loader from(e-bay?) and I suspect that the seller had either made little or no use of it so when I got it had hardly been used. He might have even made it his business to visit several Jessops' stores before their closure and bought up new loaders with a view to onward sale later so it was never used at all.

Keith, I'll make a note of your suggestion as the ridged button you pull down to restart the film footage dial when inserting a fresh bulk roll is also very stiff. I had to wiggle it a bit with a flat bladed screwdriver in the slot to get it to return to the start (S position) so that needs a bit of work as well but I got it to work

So a big thanks to you,Alex, for your advice to persevere

Mike