View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 11:22 AM
Friend

Default -

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the responses.

Bob - I did notice the film counter was still advancing, this is why when I saw the rewind crank wasn't moving I got worried. If I'm honest I think it is literally something as simple as the reel slipping off the tabs, it definitely sounded as if the film was occasionally being caught by the tabs still which implied to me that the film had become loose. It's a shame the images that day were so important otherwise I would have opened the back and seen what was going on. If it happens again I will definitely open up the camera and have a snoop.

Bill & Alex - Thanks for your input, when I've got a minute I will look further into the rewind/clutch mechanism repairs. I've never actually opened up one of my cameras before so it will be interesting to see how that goes, hopefully I can find a way to sort this problem out

Something that worries me is because the camera worked perfectly fine more often than not, maybe the problem in the camera will not be that noticeable. I definitely won't be taking just the one camera to a shoot again...

Thanks again, it's really interesting to hear your thoughts and advice.

All the best,
Joe