View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:35 PM
Friend

Fury and Alan I have my Nikon F and Nikon F5 and my F5 is so much clearer and brighter and I have a good screen in the F ,so its fare to say that newer cameras are easer to focus than old ones ,also I think that modern lenses snap into focus better than a lot of older lenses ,plus there's the ware and tare and dirt and grease they suffer over the years.
Don't get me wrong I use my old cameras alongside my newer cameras ,but I think if you are going to use very old basic cameras I think that some experience of film photography helps to make up for the lack of anything modern on a camera, as we know the less automation on a camera the more we have to think before we press the button .I think I would buy a more modern film camera ,but every body to there own and if you fancy a Leica good luck I think that if you enjoy using a particular camera and it makes taking photos more fun you cannot loose .I always wanted a Hasselblad and just recently bought two and some lenses ,they haven't made me a better photographer but they give me pleasure using them ,and maybe that pleasure I get comes out in my photographs who knows ,all I know is that when I put a roll of film in any of my film cameras the fun begins .there are a lot of Leica owners so I am Shure you will get some great advice ...

www.essexcockney.com