View Single Post
Old 27th February 2020, 01:02 PM
Friend

Thanks for all of the recommendations, points and links peeps.

On the front of the can of Protectan, it states that it contains 400ml. And then looking closely at the small print on the back of the Protectan label, it says the following:

'Within about 5 s (seconds) 250ml of air expelled. Content is sufficient to expel 100 litres of air.'

Now I don't know how many sprays and for how long each of them were, but I did put a date of purchase on the label, with it being Friday 26/10/18, meaning that it lasted me about 16 months, which feels like a lot shorter period than my first can, which lasted many a year...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
On Amazon there is a can of stuff called Wine and Food Preserver for £11.99 with postage under £3

Mike

Further to Mike's link, which brought to my attention another product that I didn't know of, I then went and looked up the product on ebay as well. Here I found two sellers, being one company under two different names(???) selling it for £11.99 with FREE p/p. :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wine-Food...e/323711813681

It states that it's pure argon, which is something I've been looking into for a while. Apart from this product though, I have only managed to find HUGE tanks of it, as it's meant for welding, so it only comes in large amounts with pricey adapters etc. Lakeland plastics do a similar and much smaller product, for wine preservation, but it costs a lot more and works with much smaller canisters of argon, so Mike's recommendation seems the better deal by a long way, so thanks for that Mike.

I've put an order in today and when it arrives I'll be dating it and try to keep count of the amount of times used, to see how it compares time-wise etc. with the original can of Protectan.

Terry S