Thread: drop processing
View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2019, 03:06 PM
Friend

verene, I cannot say Neofin and Beutler will not work over an 8 hour development process but I have never heard of either of these two being used in this way.

I take it that you are absolutely sure that when he referred you to both of the above developers Martin was doing so in terms of an 8 hour process?

I'd try and find out from this aquaintance what his developer was and what his process was in as much detail as you can i.e. with specific reference to temperature, dilution and agitation if it is a proprietary developer. If it is a "homebrew" then what the ingredients are is also important

What you do is your business of course but unless you have some idea of what is used and how it is used then any normal developer I know of will give you solid black unusable negatives over a period much shorter than 8 hours. The exception to this is very dilute Rodinal and maybe one one/two inversions only in the whole 8 hours or may be none if the person sleeps overnight will give

You could so easily waste a whole lot of otherwise well taken films in such tests

Mike