View Single Post
Old 19th August 2017, 09:48 PM
Friend

Hi Dave,

I'm just back from a week in The Netherlands, staying part of the time with an old friend who lives in the Drenthe region, near Assen. Orvelte Museum Village is well worth a visit if you are in that area - it's a living village but at the same time has many traditional Dutch houses and crafts on show - great photo opportunities. The National Prison Museum would run a close second - perhaps not so many opportunities for photographs but interesting none-the-less, if a little grim (expected given the subject matter!).

As for Camera Stores mkoptics in Delft appears to have a pretty big stock of old cameras and lenses - although I've never bought from them so can't recommend them one way or another. There was also a small store just down from the Central Station in Amsterdam that we passed - unfortunately closed when we were there. It mostly had digital cameras in the window but there were a couple of second-hand Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses and also Leica lenses in the window. I think it was Fotoprofessional in Nieuwendijk street.

If you're into street photography then Amsterdam is pretty good - certainly in August it was very busy with lots of colourful characters. But you need to be fast to catch them, since most of the time they are flying past on bicycles

Michael