Thread: Squeegee or not
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2021, 12:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried adding a few drops of isopropyl alcohol to wetting agent as an means of helping the water off the surface.

Now one for the Barry, I think. Why does the text put a red line under the word isopropyl? As far as I can ascertain this is the correct spelling in both U.K. English and U.S. English

Mike
Mike, in the distant past, after reading about what press photographers used to do, when they needed a film to print asap, I followed their lead and filled a developing tank FULL of isopropyl alcohol and then dunked a washed film in it for about a minute. The film definitely dried quicker. I only did it once or twice until I read somewhere about adverse effects to the films longevity, doing it this way. But I'm sure if the internet had been around, the following week I would have found something to say the opposite. I've never been in such a hurry since to process a film, so have not done this sequence since.

Oh, and as for the underlining of the words isopropyl alcohol, I found this advice in the English-Ukrainian Dictionary, of all places:

Translation memories are created by human, but computer aligned, which might cause mistakes. They come from many sources and are not checked. Be warned.

Terry S