View Single Post
Old 1st September 2014, 07:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
I understand you use an LPL enlarger for your split grade printing. You are right 90 yellow is not zero you need 150 yellow and 25 magenta and zero for the other colour.

I do my grade zero test strips at five second intervals that are marked with a pencil and my grade five at two second intervals, I have found that these need marking more so than the first lot.

I have followed Les is article and do not have any problems. I don't usually do this here is a link to a blog I wrote after using Les is method.
http://photomi7ch.blogspot.co.uk/201...rinting_2.html
Aha!

Well that makes a lot of sense, I made a chart and stuck it to my darkroom wall with all the filtration values from 00 to 5 in half steps using values I found in several forums across the internet, they must all be completely wrong, none of them mix 2 colours, grade 2 is no filtration, everything before that is a Y value and everything after it is a M value.
I can't find that value you give for 0 anywhere, in fact I can't find a bonafida document that gives the correct values for this LPL at all, its all hearsay, "I think" and "these might be".
Is this a value you've calculated yourself or is there somewhere I can get the rest from Mitch ?
I was thinking I might have to bust out a 100 pack of 10x8 and go on a 3 day test strip marathon..