Thread: Film XP2
View Single Post
Old 31st March 2018, 04:49 PM
Friend

Mitch, I have used only one roll of XP2+ in 120 and only at a time when I needed Jessops to develop it for me. I am not convinced Jessops did as good a job in processing as could have been done but I was using an Agfa Isolette that I had very little experience of. I must have had prints done but can't now recall what they were like so I suspect they were nothing special. Somewhere the negs still exist but I never got round to printing them again now I have a fully equipped darkroom.

Since then I have used one roll of XP2+ in 135, developed the negs myself in C41 and the negs were OK but again I have never gotten round to printing. I must look them out and do some prints

You can develop in B&W developer at B&W temperature and from the evidence of the OP's I saw on Photrio, the negs were OK and the prints or scans of prints that he produced looked quite good but compared to trad B&W film they were certainly not "one level up" so to speak.

My other concern and it is one that may not affect you is what if any difficulties XP2+ negs give when using an analyser such as a Philips or RH Designs Analyser Pro for measurement. That concern is for another thread however

Mike

Mike