View Single Post
Old 30th March 2015, 06:55 AM
Friend

Hello David,

So just you and me then.

I do get a great deal of pleasure from using my Kiev.

I even used it to introduce my daughters partner to the delights of MF and home developing a couple of weeks ago, bar a couple of frames, he achieved perfectly useable images. He is an ex 35mm (now digital) man so it was all pretty familiar. I guess that could be another benefit of these cameras, very little to learn, in terms of operation, if you already shoot 35mm.

I have looked at the Kievaholic site, and considered doing the adjustments, but think there is more chance that I will make it worse than better, so I stick to the use of a spindle which has a slightly larger diameter and attach the film to it with a bit of sticky tape. This work around some how seems to be in keeping with the spirit of the build of the camera.

I think I am quite lucky as the inner film chamber on mine is already matt black, maybe they ran out of gloss paint that day.

We may be the only Kiev 60 users here, but I wonder if there any other Kiev models used by other members.

Maybe we should start a revival for these quirky beasts, and try to tempt others into this weird and wonderful world.

Ian

Last edited by CambsIan; 30th March 2015 at 07:00 AM.