View Single Post
Old 19th July 2020, 09:49 PM
Friend

Default Digibase

I have found that if you break into a large complete kit the life of the developer which is the part that 'goes off' is the one that is pale yellow. The other two are pretty stable, as are the bleach, fixer and stabiliser. So they can be opened and used as and when they are needed.

This decay can be put off almost indefinitely if you mix say 1 litre of working solution and store this in screw top glass bottles around 100cc which have neoprene inserts this will last around 6 months in full bottles.

The remaining 4/5ths of the kit can be made up as and when needed. The 2.5 litre kit I have just finished the last of a 1/2 litre of working strength solution was made up about 4 months ago and it performed exactly as if it were new. It was a little darker but absolutely nowhere near unusable.

After filling the small bottles with working strength solution I heat the bottles up to about 45C (I use an old microwave) and then screw on the caps. As it cools there is a partial vacuum formed and I believe this is what helps preserve the chemical.