View Single Post
Old 13th November 2016, 10:19 AM
Friend

Hi Luke, Many years ago I had a Gnome enlarger, it was the first enlarger I had, the one you have is made for 35mm up to 120 66, and should have come with a negative carrier, it would have probably been a unirvesal one,with slides builn in so that you could alter the frame from 35mm to 66, and would have had built in glass to hold the negative flat, the lens should be removable, they all were,the reason for your small print size is possibly because it is a 75 or 80mm lens for medium format, you can get small prints with the lens you have, but eith the colum height on Gnome enlargers you will not get to 8x10 prints, I am afraid that you have been sold a pup, you cannot get parts for it, and IIRC the lens mount was different to todays standard of 39mm thread so you will struggle to get lenses for it, although if you cane great lenses are available for peanuts today, as far as the chemicals are concerned unless there is some Rodinal film developer amongst them they will almost certainly be useless, as will the paper, Sorry but I would save and get a better enlarger, you can get Meopta enlargers such as the Opemus 66, which I use, quite cheaply and get one it will last a lifetime, look at our forum sponsers Second hand darkroom supplies and that will give you some sort of idea, sadly, while you can get some decent stuff on Ebay there is a lot of rubbish for the unwary there
Richard