View Single Post
Old 26th November 2009, 04:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
On the subject of switch cleaner, do I just apply if from the outside, or will I have to take the front panel off and give the inner face a squirt as well? Sorry for the naïve question but this is all new territory for me.
You would need access to the switches themselves so that would require at least that the cover is removed. But if you've a friendly electrical shop or electrician nearby I'm sure they'd be able to do that.

Quote:
Richard - funnily enough, I would like to get a stop-clock at some point, but the question of connecting it up has always baffled me. Is this likely to be feasible?
To use a StopClock (or other timer) you'd really need either to use a relay method I suggested earlier (which would require surgery on that multiway plug), or replace the Chromegatrol completely with another transformer and wire the fan up so it runs continuously. Either way it's not an easy task I'm afraid. The only power supply / timer combo that's easy to work with is the DeVere Transtab because it is designed to work with an external timer - either a DeVere one or somebody else's - and we can supply a suitable cable.

RH Designs darkroom equipment : dalesphoto.co.uk