Thread: RA4 Printing
View Single Post
Old 14th February 2022, 02:38 PM
Friend

According to my last post in this it was just over a month since I last mixed up a new dilution of ADOX RA4 developer and filled my NOVA. I have not done an awful lot of printing in the meantime, just enough for me to need to mix some more replenisher. Say about 20 sheets of 10x8 (equivalent.)

I went to print last night and the developer had again gone off and the overall colour of the test strips, including the rebates was bright yellow. I checked one of the bottles I use to store the replenisher working solution and that had gone to dark brown. So again I have failed with ADOX RA4.

I am going to have to drain the processor yet again to get rid of any contaminants, although last time it was washed out, rinsed out and then hosed out so I don't know what else I can do.

However I have found that Process Supplies in London has the Kodak Ektacolour RA4 in stock, so I have ordered a box from them.

In all the years I have been printing RA4 I have used Kodak (apart from a couple of not so good brief encounters with Tetenal) so I am going to stick with Kodak because I know it is reliable.

In the instructions for ADOX they only give the instructions for Rotary processing such as a JOBO, with no replenishment rates given or suggested. I am now thinking that unlike Kodak, it is not designed for replenishment in a NOVA which is why it is not suitable for a deep tank.