View Single Post
Old 17th June 2022, 10:22 PM
Friend

Default Beamish and tripods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinAllan View Post
Interesting to see you got away with using a tripod, John - the Beamish website now states "the use of tripods, monopods, supplementary lighting or drones is not permitted." Perhaps they only enforce that indoors or in otherwise crowded areas. I've used tripods there many times in the past and I'm not sure when this rule was introduced. I'd like to shoot large format at Beamish but a tripod ban would make that impossible.
I have used a tripod inside buildings and outside and no one has ever said anything about it. There are no notices at the entrance and when I walked though no one said anything about the use of a tripod where I could use it or otherwise and it was conspicuously carried over my shoulder

Obviously some of the spaces are so cramped and in school holidays, the use of a tripod would be both antisocial and impossible at the same time.

This week it was relatively quiet, although there were several large school parties, The school parties are usually well organised, but most of the students I saw were more interested in seeing how many 'likes' they had received in the 10 minutes since they last checked!