View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Hi Ariel.

Phew... I got the OTA to work by following your experience (and after some issues caused by my weird and rubbish cable router)!

I will write this all up in the manual and upload a new version to the google Play Store with the additional features I mentioned earlier.

I have experimented with the unprogrammed DIY API mode some more and obtained actual timings of the sonoff's relay switching times and unfortunately the delays though the router occasionally cause a >1/3rd stop error - about once in every 20 strips. It may improve if using a dedicated router but I do not have a spare one - at some point I will get an old one and experiment again.

BTW, I don't know if you have already discovered this yourself, but when having an issue not being able to pair to the Sonoff a second time (such as after you give it the wrong SSID), I have found that using eWeLink to pair to the Sonoff and then Deleting it from eWeLink forces a factory reset which allows you to go through the linking to DIY mode again successfully.