View Single Post
Old 12th September 2020, 01:25 PM
Friend

Terry, the ones I use are called SPOTONE.
Sadly no longer made, but you regularly see second hand sets on that well known auction site.
My set has six bottles and an instruction sheet. It tells you what proportions to mix the dyes, drop by drop,for the different papers. Some papers no longer made unfortunately.
They last for years as long as you are only touching up dust spots and not painting out entire objects.
Once you have the chosen colour mixed, put the smallest drop you can onto a small porcelain palette or saucer. I use a darning needle to pick up the tiny drops needed. It's not being tight it's just looking after the stuff whilst it is still available.

Look to the internet auction sites. Well worth waiting to get some.
Firstcall sell a few products such as dry dyes on sheets of paper and Marshall's spotting inks.

No experience of those though.

Store the saucer in a box to keep the dust at bay.
When required, the dried spot on the saucer is touched with faintly damp spotting brush and it is restored to working condition.
Do not wash the brush after use as you wash away usable dye. Just keep it in the same breathable cardboard box as the saucer or palette and it will last for years.

Cheers.