View Single Post
Old 12th September 2020, 02:40 PM
Friend

A good alternative is to use the 'better' dyes used for Epson printers. Water soluble and with an estimated life of decades against fading. The colours incl the blacks are intense and highly concentrated, so will need a lot of dilution - I use distilled water (I 'milk' a de-humidifier) with a touch of Kodak Photoflo. I started off by using a plain white tea plate that was no longer used for it's original purpose. I dropped a single spot of each of the 9 colours on the plate and left them to dry. The rest of the plate became a mixing palette for the different colours I use when spotting RA4 prints.

I have the remnants of a set of refillable bottles destined originally for the P600 model. I have enough spotting agent for around 2 lifetimes and some more.

Whilst on the same subject I have never managed to come to grips and be able to remove black spots on B&W prints, never mind colour. I have tried all manner of bleaches/reducers and still never managed to do it satisfactorily. Thank goodness they are a lot rarer than dust spots.

Last edited by John King; 12th September 2020 at 02:47 PM.