View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:49 AM
Friend

The reason I went for the rinse after developing is that there are quite a large number of tutorials and forum discussions for C-41 and Colorchem which recommend this, to avoid problems with the life span of the blix - and I think this might partly be due to the fact that the documentations coming with the Rollei kits aren't great, in particular when it comes to blix re-useability and life span. (The instructions for Rollei Digibase, their other C41 kit, in fact don't even mention the need of a wash between fix and stabilising, or of any wash at all... so it would clearly seem to be a bad choice to follow those instructions literally for example!)

Tetenal for their kit do specifically recommend the use of a 3% acetic acid stop bath for their C41 kit (http://www.freestylephoto.biz/static...structions.pdf)... so as with many things, there do seem to be a good many different ways to C-41 happiness! I totally appreciate that citric-acid stop is meant to be avoided though...

One other thing to take from this could be to go for the Tetenal kits, which come with better instructions...