View Single Post
Old 6th September 2013, 11:49 PM
Friend

Hi Chris and welcome to FADU. I have used the Tetenal C41 kit in the past and from what can remember the instructions were quite good.

There may have been no mention of different times for different ISOs in the instructions because there aren't different times

All C41 films need 3 mins 15 sec development time. However if I recall correctly Tetenal suggest you extend the times as you develop more films but my memory on this is getting hazy.

However the standard time for all films is certainly 3 mins 15 secs.

Get the temperature correct, follow the times given in the instructions and you'll get good negs.

It sounds as if you don't have a Jobo heated processor as you have mentioned using Paterson tanks. If you are relying on a water bath then I'd be tempted to ensure that its temperature is about 1 degree C above the correct developer temp to allow for its cooling over 3 mins 15 secs and for the time when you invert the tank out of the water.

If you are using a water bath and it isn't thermostatically heated to remain constant and you want to be absolutely sure I'd fill it with water at say 1 degree more then fill the tank with water at the correct development temp and do a dry( or is that wet ) run and test the temp of the water in the tank at the end of 3 mins 15 secs to make sure it is still the right temp. If not then adjust the water bath temp and try again until you get very close to the right temp for the full 3 mins 15 secs. A drop of maybe 0.2/0.3 degrees C won't critical but if it's more then I'd adjust the water bath temp.

Bleach and fix or is it blix in Tetenal's case is much less critical and the water bath even if it losing heat should be fine.

Let us know how you get on

Mike