View Single Post
Old 11th September 2013, 05:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
Has anyone here experienced one of the lamps on their MG500 systems not working? Last week I was in the middle of a printing session when I noticed the blue lamp wasn't firing and changed the lamp to no effect. I'm using the RH Designs timer which fires the green and then blue lamps separately. As I have another older MG500 system connected to a De Vere 203 I tried the timer on that and the blue lamp worked fine, so the RH Designs product is not at fault.

Unfortunately, as many of us have become more aware in recent years when sourcing spares, the two MG500 systems are not directly compatible so I cannot simply swap over the power supply from the older system and continue working. I have both the 500C and 500CPM controller but as I'm unable to find the cable for the 500CPM I connected up the 500C to the 504 and found the same result, i.e. green exposure and focusing fine, no blue exposure.

These problems seem to suggest the power supply is at fault and I'm aware the 500S supply had been sent off for repair some years ago by the previous owner, although I'm unaware of the nature of the defect at that time. Assuming I can swap over the conversion plates of the two MG500 systems I may try attaching the older MG500 to the De Vere 504 but I'd prefer the current set-up to work; it would certainly be more reassuring.

any ideas?

Tom
Hi Tom
I'm afraid I am unable to help with your problem, could you please tell me more about the two different MG500 systems as I have recently acquired a second MG500 thinking that the controllers would be interchangeable, I have not tried to swap them yet so I need to know of any issues.

Thanks