Thread: C41 problems
View Single Post
Old 29th June 2020, 07:54 PM
Friend

Thanks Alex. Can you clarify another point about the Nik and Trick C41 kit. I take it yours is the kit that has the 260 ml developer concentrate as that what the latest directions from the current kit suggests? I ask this because I have a copy of the mid July Bellini instructions and then it was 100ml of developer concentrate to make 1L of developer

What I am not sure about is how much bleach there is, 1L? It is difficult to make this out from the N&T pics and because it is used straight no mention is made of its size.

It looks like the stab concentrate is 100ml? The instructions make no mention of the amount to be used once made into stock solution but it looks as if 100ml makes 10L so a ratio of 1: 100.

Is this correct? It just suggests decanting a generous amount into a receptacle and dip your film into this for 10-30 secs. It says it can be reused but not for how many times. I am assuming, possibly wrongly that reusing means pouring the generous amount for the stab wash back into 5 L container.

Is it your understanding that if the stab conc makes 10L then you should use 5L for the first 8 films and then make up the second 5L for the second set of 8 films?

In this kit based on N&T instructions you will have developed, bleached and fixed without any intermediate washes and after a 3 min fix the generous receptacle of stab-wash will rid the film of fixer in as little as 10 secs but no more than 30secs is required.

Frankly I find this 10 -30 secs seems amazingly short. How much stab-wash liquid did you use and what did you use as a stab-wash time?

Thanks

Mike