View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2009, 04:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutz View Post
I hve been using an motorized Patterson Orbital for about 18 months now and am very happy with it. I had problems with the vanes causing uneven development in sky areas so I removed the vanes. To save scoring the tank I put tiny blobs of fish tank sealant pin head in size on the base of the tank. I use 150ml of developer (Pyro) and 200 ml of stop then fix.

So far it has performed better than my Yankee and HP combi tank, it takes 150 ml of developer my other tanks take 1 litre.

One problem I have had is the film escaping from the plastic pegs if I tip the tank over too far when emptying the chemistry.

The only snag I can see, is if I want to process colour, I will have to invent some means of maintaining temperature (any suggestions?)

nn
The Paterson unit was designed for colour print developing. Originally it would have been supplied with a card slide-rule style calculator to help you work out presoak temperature and time, so that average process temperature was maintained. I have developed RA4 paper and its predecessor, was it called EP2 or some such.