View Single Post
Old 26th October 2020, 05:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCarberry View Post
Simply an observation from someone who's been a mechanic for 35 years. I'd say it's either a foreign object(s) gotten into the mechanism or something in the mechanism is worn or loose to the point of interference in operation. Are you capable of disassembling it? If not it's off to the repairman for it.

Sorry that's all I have but I'd stop doing that as it's sounding pretty bad.
Completely agree - it sounds like metal to metal rubbing in the rotating mechanism.

On my RB67 ProSD, there is a shiny chrome lever underneath the camera just in front of the rotating back, which releases the rotating back from the camera body.

I would remove the film back prior to trying to remove the rotating back mechanism.

Hopefully, when you remove the rotating back you will find a foreign object and the resulting damage hasn't been too bad.

The only thing that looks delicate when I remove my rotating back is the felt light seal - so provided you remove ALL the swarf and other debris, you should be OK.

(hold the camera lens upwards when you remove the rotating back - so any debris falls out of the camera and not into the camera)

I have seen rotating backs for sale on ebay if you need to replace it - but looking inside, there is not too much to go wrong.

Good luck

Martin