Thread: Rodagon WA 60/4
View Single Post
Old 8th November 2016, 01:03 PM
Friend

If don't want to buy another lens and you're handy with a saw and drill and have some scrap lumber lying around, you could build an extension for your column to lift it higher off the baseboard. I did this for my old Beseler 23CII which had a std. ht. column and could only get 11x14 on the baseboard. I built it out of 3/4" ply in form of a sort of long box open on two sides and braced in the middle. One side of the box was bolted to the baseboard, the other side bolted to the column. It added about 8" or so to my column height. Worked great. If you want to try this then let me know and I'll give you a couple of tips, such as angling the box so you don't run out of baseboard space to the rear, etc....

I had first tried wall projection and then floor projection, as Martin suggested, but alignment was a nightmare for both arrangements, and focusing was impossible on the floor -- only an Orang-utan could manage that. One advantage of the column extension is that you can still easily move or stow the enlarger when not in use, without having to unbolt it from a wall mount. OTOH, if you never move it, then a wall mount is perhaps a better option - more solid.

Good luck.

Svend

Last edited by Svend; 8th November 2016 at 01:12 PM.