View Single Post
Old 26th November 2019, 05:40 PM
Friend

Default Poor colour reproduction

They look to me as if the negatives were under exposed or under developed. The sure way to decide which is to look at the wording on the rebate of the film. If they are 'thin' I would suggest underdevelopment.
Either by not having it warm enough for the time it was developed or too short a development time at the right temperature.

It could be all was processed in accordance with the temperatures 3.15 mins/seconds at 38 degrees C in which case the developer was expired/exhausted, or the bleach and fix were not done for long enough. Typically 6 mins @38 degrees C. This could also be the result of using colour bleach and fix for too short a time as well. I always give 7 minutes even through the kit says 6

Looking at the scanned images, even the colour correction software has been unable to correct the problem with the tones on the face being distinctly 'off colour' . Perhaps if you could let us know your method of working, with times, temperatures, make of developer and had it been used before. Also how long since it was made up from the concentrate and how it was stored.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the film expiry date has passed or it has been stored near to a source of heat such as a radiator,