View Single Post
Old 29th August 2019, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOReynolds View Post
Looking at the circuit board pictured on the LCL website (why do they show the old model, not the latest one they are crowing about?) it looks as though there is no rocker or toggle switch to focus. There must be a relay off the main board, which is not working, controlled by the IC, that operates the relay. But there are four terminals marked Lin/Lout and Nin/Nout, plus a low-current glass fuse. Confusing...
I thought the same - why show the badly soldered and bodged old version?

The circuit comprising Q2, the diode to its right and the resistor nearby looks like a classic relay driver circuit (the diode being connected across the relay's coil). The five pins above the diode look like the footprint you would expect from a relay (two pins for the coil, three for the SPDT switching contacts.

The IN terminals will likely be going from the mains input cable/socket to the relay (and powering the board via a low-voltage dc regulator circuit visible above the IC2 chip). I expect the OUT terminals carry the switched mains from the relay to the enlarger power socket. You can just make out that N IN and N OUT are connected together, hence the relay is used to switch the L OUT via the relay. I suspect all the electronics and power supply circuitry is on that board and only input and output sockets are mounted on the case.

Little of which helps the OP, except that interpreting pictures is sort of what we sometimes do here

Sort of...

Cheers, Bob.

Last edited by Bob; 29th August 2019 at 04:12 PM.