View Single Post
Old 16th June 2020, 01:35 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlabours View Post
I've used I think 2 rolls of FP4 in the last 30+ years and those were bought under strange circumstances I needed to have my photograph taken for a magaine article so asked a friennd (apro) he came to stay a day before with no camera so I lent him one. Over halfway to the location I realised he had no film, so back to the nearsest small town and 2 rolls 35mm FP4.

Best was the location was a mile walk from the car, almost there he realised he'd left the film in my car !!!!! I was less than impressed.

However FP4 is probably one of the best films available, I'd used it and FP3 before that before switching to Agfa AP100 then APX100, and Tax100, slightly finer grain.

My issue is using prints from 35mm, 120, 5x4 and 10x8 alongside each other in exhibitions. I dropped 35mm in the end except for separate projects so I might go back to 35mm FP$, I have some boxes of 5x4.

When choosing a film the developer is just as important in the combination. I only use Pyrocat HD now and that is superb with HP5 and friends say just as good with FP4. But ultimately qualitynis down to tight technique, and that's another story.

Ian
a great story that will never get old telling lol.

i have never tried pyrocat hd. i will put it on my to try list in the future. I want to understand ID11 before i try anything new.