View Single Post
Old 1st June 2020, 08:38 PM
Friend

Default Hello from West London

Hello all,

I'm Michael and I come from London W10... in the murky backwaters of Ladbroke Grove. I learned basic darkroom technique at school a very long time ago and all sorts of circumstances seem to have brought me back to film photography in earnest in the last year or so.

I'd been thinking about dabbling in printing (again) and the corona-whatnot crystallised this into making a sketch of a bathroom-darkroom on the 28th March. I wasn't planning on doing my own processing (you can mess up as many prints as you like but a neg's a neg) but the lab I'd grown to like closed and I got bored, so I've been producing some quite nice negatives at the kitchen sink over the last few weeks.

Anyway, I'm closing in on a first print in the next week or so as I find the last few bits and bobs, and I look forward to being able to trawl FADU archives and maybe pick some brains.

I've always enjoyed architectural photography as I'm interested in buildings, and as I get older I realise that buildings are only as interesting as the people that use them... and I'd love to learn more about taking pictures of them.