Thread: Durst M805
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2012, 10:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Shoot Film View Post
I recently purchased a Durst M805 B&W enlarger which needs the top Bimagla AN Glass insert for the carrier. If anyone could advise me where I could find one please let me know. Also can anyone confirm that the enlarger head only has one mirror to reflect the light to the condensers. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. AO
As far as I know there is only one mirror to reflect the light to the condensers, but I'm curious as to why you need to ask..?

The new price for a Binema AN glass €32 is well worth the money as they go for silly prices secondhand. And the problem with secondhand as you can imagine, is that you can't be absolutely sure they are free of scratches or marks until you have it in your hands or even make prints. And believe me, even the tiniest graze will definately show up on prints costing you more money and heartache in the long run. Unless you love re-touching?

My advice is buy new and have fun straight away rather than wait and perhaps be disappointed and out of pocket later.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950