View Single Post
Old 24th December 2010, 10:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
It's taken some time but I finished my modified piece this afternoon.

I started by buying a Durst Sivobox 35 off the auction site to give me a small shaped diffuser.

It is a bit Heath Robinson but I sort of added bits on as I went. I made a bottom flange by drawing round the existing light box. To this I mounted the Sivobox using the existing tapped holes and screws that came with the box. I discarded the original bottom plastic piece. I then made a 'chimney' out of ply with a bend to change the direction of the light. The whole was lined with metallised Mylar courtesy of BobRob. This was fixed to the Sivobox by a top flange and drilling 4 holes in the Sivobox flange. I have added some images which I hope will show it better. Perhaps if I did it again I would make the side cheek pieces in one.

Just taken some readings with my Analyser Pro. The negative was enlarged to 91/2 x 12 and was measured using the original 4x5 light box and that came in at 57.4 seconds exposure. That was with the enlarger lens 2 stops down. Without changing anything else but the light box I measured again and got 11 seconds exposure. So well worth doing.

Bill
Well done, merry xmas