Thread: E6 processing
View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:38 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
...the E6 kit is dependant on very careful processing with virtually no latitude in the time/ temperature.
I used a Tetenal 2,5L kit with stainless-steel reels in a stainless-steel processing tank. The chemicals and tank were kept in a big (IKEA) trough, with a kettle standing by to top up with hot water to maintain temperature. The electronic thermometer was taped to the kitchen cupboard and the probe dangled in the trough.[/QUOTE]

They, Tetenal that is, used to print a warning that there may be a chemical 'carry over' if for instance you used one measure for 1st bleach or fix and the next time you used the same measure for the colour developer it may produce unwanted results even if washed out thoroughly.

Personally, I never had a problem, but after reading this information, as a safeguard what I did was to bleach all the measures with an ordinary household bleach overnight which will destroy any remaining chemical residue that even washing will not remove. (About a desert spoon to 250cc of tapwater)

When it all goes right then there absolutely nothing that can compare to a well exposed and processed transparency. Digital images are not even in the running! Have fun![/QUOTE]