View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:18 PM
Friend

Default Nikon SLRs and lenses (requesting help)

Hello Everyone,

I need the help of the good people of FADU. I'd like to buy a Nikon body and preferably a wide angle lens (say 28 or wider).

Here is a short list of bodies: F2, FM2n and FM3A.

I'm not interested bodies that can't operate without batteries.

Since F2 is the cheapest (did a search on the sold listings of eb&y) and seems to be lot more flexible than the other two, I'm leaning towards that one. I also like the fact that it's body parts are lot easier to find and cheaper. On the other hand, I can see why FM2n and FM3A are good alternatives since they are more modern. Thus more refined (hopefully).

Also I'm really confused with AI, no-AI, AIS, CRC, G, FX, F, and other acronyms that are in various lenses.

There is a slight possibility that I may get an Otus/Milvus lens as a birthday gift in the near future. Do they work with F2, FM2n or FM3A? However, I don't want to pick an SLR body primarily because of the Milvus/Otus thingy.

Basically I want the the most flexible body that can take modern and as well the old SLR lenses. You can probably see I'm quite novice in the Nikon world. So, please treat me like a baby.

Bests,

Ashfaque