View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 04:45 PM
Friend

Okay, I'm a bit behind with my post, so that will probably be tomorrow now, but I hope that Roy H is still reading this thread as I have a couple of questions for him.

So far, I have struggled to obtain such a deep blue that Roy seems to have on all of his pictures.

I have being doing many test strips, giving different lengths of time under my UV light, on a couple of different papers. I have then washed them in various liquids including plain tap water and hydrogen peroxide. Although I am getting a tone and a colour, they do seem to vary on the paper used along with the exposures, but most importantly none of them are that lovely deep blue that Roy has obtained.

So Roy, could you tell us what paper you have been using, along with the chemical ratios for the coating liquid itself? I am wondering whether I need to increase the chemical to water ratios and / or try some other paper?

And then of course, it may be my UV light is too weak or the exposures given aren't long enough? Currently they are up to two hours in length, with this test just finishing and about to be washed?

Terry S