View Single Post
Old 19th October 2021, 05:37 AM
Friend

I have only ever seen one of these and was impressed how well it was built. The problem you may have could be due to the bulb expiring after it was switched on. I have had it happen with my LPL a couple of times. I have been working away, went downstairs for a cuppa and then when I went back upstairs the bulb had gone.

The back of the bulb will have two pins and these are often neglected but can corrode as can the two holes in the bulb holder the pin goes into, The former can be cured with a new bulb but if the latter it is often easier to replace the holder. You could try coating the pins with a mild metal polish like Solvol Autosol and working the bulina nad out a fe times this usually cleans the pins and socket

failing that you should still be able to find that a holder from a Kaiser should fit (still available as spares) or with a bit of searching an LPL from the likes of Second Hand Darkroom

Failing that get back to me I have an LPL head that I am cannibalising for spares, I think I still have the bulb holder.

If you are using it for B&W printing, the filters in the head are as I recollect set for Kodak units and not Durst.