View Single Post
Old 11th November 2021, 08:06 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
I seriously wonder how they feel they can enforce this rule of no cameras. Is it that clear with modern i-phones that a person is taking a photo as opposed to simply using it as a mobile phone?

It might be the same thing in Terry's case i.e. an analogue camera is much more obvious than is an i-phone and so the guards and the park's owners take the easy way out and concentrate on those who use cameras that are obviously cameras.

Mike
They have uniformed security on the platforms with the sole job of keeping photographers off the stations. the two stations are north east of Newcastle and were badly affected. I think this was due to the unwanted photographers actually going down onto the the lines. The rules are actually in the Byelaws enforced by Tyne and Wear Metro and can mean a court appearance and upon conviction a criminal record and carry a fine of up to £2000 for trespass exactly the same as the track maintained by network rail.

That I am all in favour of this because the disruption caused, if a person is even seen on the lineside, trains are put on caution which causes delays to back up and can be incredibly expensive for the company.