View Single Post
Old 21st October 2021, 11:59 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
...concerning the rules I once saw a version, when there were six participants and their repsective negative was sent from one participant to the next. Then you had six prints of the same negative, instead of working in pairs. Just an idea.
Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Good evening Frank.
I hadn't come across the idea of a 'serial' negative exchange.
That is, a single negative being passed from person to person with each taking turns printing it.
Whilst interesting, it makes me wonder about time scale...

For now, I think the idea of paired participants is a good, easy start.
I too have read the threads where one negative gets passed around, with the completed prints uploaded to a certain gallery. Not sure I could handle the wait to see all the prints uploaded.

I have also read about a 'camera swap', where one camera with one film in it, is being passed around the world, with each participant taking just the one(?) exposure each before posting it to the next person.

It appears to still be going years after it first started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
I also notice that the Print exchanges feature mostly 35mm, with some 6x6 and a little 5x4.That surprised me- I thought most of us had moved to the larger formats.

However, I suspect we can probably all do 35mm? Certainly based on the print exchanges it would suit most potential participants.

If we have: A sends to B, B sends to F, F sends to C etc I think you lose some of that clarity.
Your finding also surprised me Skellum, I too thought that most prints were made from MF negatives, but I have 35mm gear (that doesn't get as much use as maybe it should) so would be happy to shoot a roll in this format.

As for the 'A sends to B, B sends to F, F sends to C etc', well I too think it wouldn't have the same feel to it and with immediate negative swaps, you do have two people interpreting the same two negatives.

As for my experiences with the swaps, I always found that they went fine and found it interesting to see other peoples interpretations of both one of mine and one of their negatives.

Bring it on!!!

Terry S