View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2016, 07:48 PM
Friend

Thank you again for everyone's responses, and for sharing your procedures! It is interesting to read about the cutting or shortening of the tempering bath - other than to save time, is there a specific reason for this?

Yes, my test film which was done the same way came out without any speckles, and looked fine to me. (see attachments - these are cropped, hence the grain, and colour balance of scans needs work of course...) These are shot on Fuji Pro 400H though, unlike the 'problem film', which was a Kodak Porta 400.

So I do wonder if your very first response John, dampness or high humidity, might have more to do with the problem than the C-41 process itself. Following your response, I have been reading up on this and there are quite a few statements out there describing colour negative film as much more perceptible to humidity and less-than-ideal storage conditions after exposure than B&W - and conditions in Ghana really were not ideal for keeping film. Although unfortunately, I have not actually found any images online, of photographs which show humidity-damaged negatives!

Click image for larger version

Name:	test-crop1.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	2582

Click image for larger version

Name:	test-crop2.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	651.6 KB
ID:	2583