View Single Post
Old 5th October 2021, 11:45 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
5, 10, 20 does me. Tap water at 20C (or at dev temperature). Ilfotol in distilled water to finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I do the 5, 10 , and 20 sequence but then I added a 15 inversions to be sure to be sure. I don't see any evidence on my negs going back years that the wash sequence was insufficient.
It's interesting to see the added 'stand' washes mentioned, but as said if the newer Ilford sequence didn't work, we'd definitely know about it today, in the age of the internet and immediate information.

But like Michael and Vincent, I've followed the standard Ilford wash sequence since the very early 1980's and all of my negs look fine today. Before that, I used one of the Paterson push in hose type washers, and the negatives from then still look good, although a little dense due to over-development, as I added a bit of extra time onto the times given at that time as well, 'just for luck'.

I know I also do what Vincent does and add a few more tank inversions when washing my films now, 'just for luck' again, like others. Better safe than sorry, eh?

Terry S