View Single Post
Old 12th December 2020, 01:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
I do wonder if my extra dumps are not the result of believing that a few more dumps cannot hurt placing me in the ultra conservative group of the human race where the brain as a result of nature or nurture does not let me rest easy unless I do something extra to enable my brain to remain untroubled. I belong to the " one extra dump for luck or just in case" category of temperament.

Mike
I've found it amusing re-reading this thread and I'm sure the majority of us add on another rinse or two - 'just to be on the safe-side.'

Recently, whilst printing some of my negatives from the early 1980's, when I restarted in the darkroom in earnest, I also carried this maxim across to my developing of films as well. 'Just another minute of development will do no harm - just to be on the safe-side.' I think I was also a bit liberal with my temperatures as well, with me ending up with rather dense, but printable, negatives.

I'm a bit more careful these days and my more recent negatives print much easier - the majority of the time...

Terry S