Thread: buying gear
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2016, 06:57 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlabours View Post
At at point where the Pound was very weak agaist the Dollar and Yen eraly 1990s - £800 for a new Nikon 300mm f9 M lens for my Wista, I've only used the lens a couple of times and never printed a negative from it. At the time I realised I'd move to 10x8 although that actually took another decade.

Second would be £600 (then $900) plus about £75 shipping and then import duties etc a 10x8 Agfa Ansco Commercial View. However this was a bargain as it came with a NIB 10x8 Beattie Screen worth over £200, a really mice compendium lens hood a coate 12" Dagor and theree spare lens boards one to take a 300mm f9 M Nikkor

The Dagor was described as useless having separation, in fact it was just 50+ years of dirt around the edges and is an excellent lens, shutter speeds are spot on. Neil has seen it in use.

Ian

Ian, yes I remember your Dagnor being used at Rocky Valley recently and I admired its focal length. If it's ever up for sale - first refusal please

Neil.

Neil Souch