View Single Post
Old 20th May 2017, 12:04 AM
Administrator

A bit early to say as I've only had a short view and I'm not too down on it, but it does have issues...

All the previous information is still there, but merging the sales side with the technical side of things is not helpful. If I want a data sheet for a product it seems I have to drill down through 3 or 4 pages and then scroll past the marketing bumf to get to the download link for the data sheet. Technical content should have it's own section to save a lot of browsing back and forth.

I don't care about the prices; I've never bought directly from them and did not ever expect to.

The site looks OK on a mobile device which was no doubt one of the requirements.

They have however rather stupidly broken EVERY link on the Internet that points to their datasheets and other technical info, destroying two decades of links from articles, forums and blogs etc. It will take years to get that back. They should have kept an archive with the original URLs.

It certainly looks more modern than the old one, but, seemingly inevitably, that comes with an attendant reduction in practicality.

Overall I'll give it a C+. A good idea to revamp the site, but it is rather messy in the implementation.