View Single Post
Old 28th February 2015, 07:54 PM
Friend

Looking at what you have written about the subject matter, it doen't seem that fast speeds would be of great importance, although plenty of MF cameras go up to 1/500.
I think a TLR could be your best bet (Rollei, Minolta, Yashica et.al.)as they can often be obtained in good condition for the amount you are prepared to pay and can give lovely enlargements.
Flash is no problem as all but a few have flash connection, but of course a focal plane shutter will have a limit to the speed at which you can use flash.
A camera such as a Bronica, which has the advantage of interchangeable lenses and backs will be out of your price range if in half decent condition.
I'm one of the few here who has a Kiev 60, and I really like it. It is, however big and heavy so that's an important factor to bear in mind. Actually, I have two bodies, one bought from Arax and one from Hartblei, each about 12 or so years back. Each of these suppliers modifies the camera to avoid the poor quality control that bedevilled the ones from the original manufacturer. One of mine has been completely trouble free and the other had a felt light trap refitted.