View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2017, 04:10 PM
Friend

Default My latest 'Treasure' !!

I met an Old Couple in Weald Country Park about a year ago and they commented on me using an 'Old Camera' -- one of my Classics so the Gent said he had some Old Cameras I could have if I was interested -- a YEAR LATER he telephoned !! He said he had 'looked out ' some gear -- so i rushed there and he had several cases and a cardboard box --all very dusty but inside were many cameras including a filthy case inside of which was a Minolta Autocord 1955 model with 'Optiper MXS shutter and 'Chiyoko Rokkor' lens ! As I cleaned the case with damp cloth it fell to bits and when I looked into the viewfinder all I could see was a 'Milky Haze' . So out came my JIS Screwdrivers and took off the focus hood and looked inside -- the mirror was all 'milky' and there was half the Sahara Desert in the corners ! I cleaned mirror and rear lens surface with lens fluid and tissues and front surfaces and wiped over leather panels with Neatsfoot Oil and it all looked like NEW ! TEST photos show lens is very sharp at full aperture and excellent B&W and Colour rendering.
I did a VIDEO about it -- you can see it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCIqzBsgGM