View Single Post
Old 19th April 2018, 09:53 PM
Friend

Default Thinking of making a pinhole from an old 120 folder or TLR...

I am inspired to try my hand at pinhole photography, after seeing some very nice images on Flickr and elsewhere on the web (Steve Gosling's Lensless Landscapes are especially good).

Rather than drop a chunk of money on one of those wonderful hand-crafted wooden Zero or Noon cameras, I'd prefer to do it on the cheap (at least at first) to see how it goes. That said, I'm looking at getting either a junky 6x9 folder or box camera (Agfa Clack perhaps?), or perhaps even a cheapo TLR like a Seagull or Lubitel. My reasoning behind this is that I can use the existing shutter, as long as it still works on B mode, and simply remove the lens elements to be replaced with a pinhole either fore or aft of the shutter. That, and I would have a nice light-tight case with easy film winding (esp. if I use a TLR - no red window).

Has anyone here ever attempted such a conversion? And how did it work out? Any tips to share? If I get, say, a 6x9 folder, can I still use the bellows and mount the pinhole at the focal length of the original lens (e.g. 105mm)?

FYI, I will probably go with this set of pre-made pinholes: https://www.pinholeresource.com/inde...ole-set-detail. Lots of selection there to fit a variety of configurations.

Looking forward to hearing back about this.

Best regards,
Svend

Last edited by Svend; 19th April 2018 at 09:57 PM.