View Single Post
Old 24th August 2021, 07:59 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Thank you all for your replies, once again, the friendly forum comes to the rescue.

My go to film, and the one I'm most used to is Foma 100, after reading you replies and possible pit falls with the PanF+, I am now wondering if I should stick to the Foma.

Hoping to use my Rolleiflex 6003 SRC 1000 with a 80mm lens (it's the only one I have) as it has interchangeable backs, although this is not essential as I don't think I will be under any time pressure so can use all of one before switching to the other

In terms of metering I was wondering if the in camera meter would do the job. I don't have a Spotmeter, have never used one and can't borrow one so if I use a meter will most likely use my weston meter.

Was considering Porta 160 for colour seems to be a reasonable choice.

Once again thank you for all your replies

Ian
I would be inclined to try the fomapan 400, rate at 250, the 100, although a very nice film, will give problems in low light due to it's reciproty failure, I have tried it in low light, which is something I do a lot, it was a problem, I often hand hold down to 1/2 a second using a bronica etrsi and W.L.F, also, I think only 80mm standard lens wil be very limiting for this type of project, you will need a wide angle, and I believe the Rolleiflef is a big old camera, and quite heavy, mabe try taking a 35mm, perhaps with a 24 to 100 lens, which would cover all your needs, 99% of my low light work of this type is done withput flash and on 35mm, gives good results, and is much easier, and the most I would take would be the 24 to 100 and a 80 to 200 for those extra shots, and I use 35mm down to 1/2 second with no problems,whatever you decide to do looking forward to hearing how you get on and seeing the results
Richard