View Single Post
Old 20th February 2022, 03:00 PM
Friend

@Skellum. Many thanks for your generous comments. I too was pleased how both prints came out, although it took a few binned prints to get there.

I knew that I had used the egg negative (some years) before, but have only just checked to see how the two prints compare and they are quite different indeed. It was totally unintentional that I sent a newer interpretation to you, but I find it interesting the way that this turned out.

After a bumpy start, by using Fotospeed LD20 and for it then to disappear from the market, inspired me to start testing one by one, some of the many formulas for home mixing lith developers, that are out there. Some just do not work or have such a tiny working time window, that I have not tried them again. But the egg picture was printed in a formula given to me by a previous member of this site and although it takes a couple of prints to get it going (I haven't tried it with added 'Old brown' yet) it produces quite similar results to Easy Lith. Now EL is a great developer, as it gives good prints from the start, but as with most things photographic, it is not cheap when compared to home mixed versions. So if I can find a way to either tweak the home mixed formula, to extend it's tray life, or find another formula that is comparable to EL, I will be more than happy.

Also, I am avoiding LONGGGGGG development times, by warming the developers up to about 25C, as it can be rather boring otherwise, waiting for an image to appear and I think that this puts a lot of people off of trying the process.

The two images sent to Skellum, can now be found in the gallery and I appreciate any comments. I just hope when you view them, that they look similar to the prints in my hand and to what I see on my screen.

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...2983&nocache=1

Terry S