View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:28 PM
Friend

Adrian,

Here is a long thread on this topic from some time ago. Lots of good info and discussion.

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...ad.php?t=10978

As you will read in this thread, I get the best results from Perceptol diluted 1+1, which means 150ml per roll of 135 film, and 250ml per 120 roll (Paterson tank). I used to do it at 1+3 but found the contrast was way too low (underdeveloped, as Ian noted). The negs were all greys, no guts. Using 1+1 and overexposing slightly gives great punchy negs, highlights still well controlled, good shadow detail, fine grain, excellent sharpness. I have used this in combination with PanF, a contrasty film, in mid-winter snow scenes, full sun, with great results.

Ilford's recommendation of 250ml per film seems to be if Perceptol is used as stock solution, undiluted, and reused for subsequent films. If you are using it this way then I would follow their recommendation. Otherwise, if diluted and one-shot, then 1+1 is my preference and you will get more than 4 rolls per packet.

Hope this helps.

PS -- Perceptol at 1+1 with HP5 is wonderful! One of my favourite combinations. Rate the film at 320 or a bit lower even, and develop normally.